Our company, The Cyprus Tourism Development Company Ltd, trading under the business name “The Landmark Nicosia City Hotel” (the “Company”, the “Hotel”, “we”), collects and processes personal data from visitors of our website (https://thelandmarknicosia.com/) (“you”, “your”) for marketing purposes, at your request and with your explicit consent, when you sign up for our Newsletter on our website.
This Privacy Notice includes all the information the Company, as controller under the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the relevant applicable law, has an obligation to provide you with, as data subject of the data it collects and processes.
1. What Information we Collect
The personal data we collect from you during registration/ check in at our hotel are the following:
1. Full name
2. Postal Address
3. Telephone number
4. Email address
Furthermore, when you visit our website, we may collect additional information from you for marketing purposes, either directly or through third party service providers, including the following:
1. Information about your activity on our website
2. Device and browser information
3. Ad data, about the online ads served to you
4. Email and CRM data
5. Email communications exchanged with us
6. Business contact information (business email address/ street address/ phone number, etc)
7. Shopping Information about your shopping habits, including transactional information, product codes, and check-out activity (along with browsing information)
8. Identifiers that help identify your browser or device, but do not directly identify you as a person – for example, your “Customer ID”, a pseudonymous identifier (such as a cookie) associated with a hashed version of your email address, or demographic data such as age range.
2. Purpose of the Collection
We collect your personal data so that we can communicate with you for the following purposes:
• To communicate with you about our products and services that may be of interest to you, including meeting and event planning and generally for retargeting and advertising purposes.
• To communicate with you about products and services of our affiliates that may be of interest to you.
• To inform you about promotional events, activities, special offers, etc.
• To obtain feedback from you that will help us to improve and/ or further the provision of our facilities, products and services.
• Any other purpose specifically requested and/ or agreed by you.
We do not collect, and we do not use any personal data other than that specifically mentioned above without your explicit consent unless you ask us to do so.
You do not have an obligation to provide us with your personal data, but if you don’t we will not be able to take advantage of our marketing initiatives.
When you visit our website we use automated decision-making processes and profiling while processing your personal data collected through the internet, through specialized third party service providers, to serve ads for targeting and advertising. Data about your browsing activity on our website (pages you visit, items clicked on, etc), your device and browser information, email communications, etc may be collected and processed in this context to identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you and, in turn, improve performance of our ad campaigns.
3. How we Keep your Data
We process your personal data at our offices, in Nicosia, where they are kept and stored.
For the storage and security of your personal data the Company takes all the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure that the processing is carried out in accordance with the law and the GDPR (access control, firewalls, antivirus, cryptography, etc).
4. Access to your Data
Within our Company, your personal data is accessible only to those who need to, with a duty of confidentiality and only for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above.
Outside our Company, recipients of your personal data may include:
• Business partners, who may provide you with information about their products, services, or offers such as rental cars or other services,
• Subcontractors or third parties who cooperate and/ or provide services to our Company in the context of its business, such as companies who provide technical services, information technology services, provision and maintenance of software (i.e. SAP, OPERA etc), etc.
• Third parties who provide targeted advertising and marketing services for us.
We choose our business partners and associates very carefully, after the necessary checks have been carried out and sufficient guarantees have been provided to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such manner that processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and the relevant laws and ensure the protection of your rights.
5. Retention Period
In accordance with Company policy, your data is kept only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes stated in paragraph 2 above, or – in the case of consent – until you withdraw your consent.
After this period, your personal data will be irreparably destroyed. Any data kept by us for marketing and information purposes will be retained until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
6. Transfer to Third Countries
If your data will be transferred to entities or other third parties whose headquarters or place of data processing is not located in a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure before forwarding the data that, outside of legally permitted exceptional cases pertaining to the recipient, either an appropriate level of data protection exists (e.g., through an adequacy decision of the European Commission, through suitable guarantees such as a self-certification by the recipient for the EU-US Privacy Shield, or the agreement of EU standard contractual clauses between us and the recipient), or your sufficient consent exists.
We can provide you with an overview of the recipients in third countries and a copy of the specifically agreed regulations to ensure the appropriate level of data protection. To obtain these, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. Your Rights
Should you believe that any personal information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted by contacting us at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at +357 22653010
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, you may contact us at the above email address and telephone number. We will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can submit your complaint with the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection, at 1 Iasonos Street, 2nd Floor, 1082 Nicosia, tel. +357 22 818456, email address email@example.com.